Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 3 point line-Stupid question

  1. #1
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    3 point line-Stupid question

    I know this is stupid, but I couldn't find it anywhere...

    What year was the 3 point line put into affect? Was it put in at the same time for NBA, College, & HS or did it start with say the NBA and then after a couple of years transend down to the HS level?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 point line-Stupid question

    Could be wrong but I think the ACC was the first College Conference to experiment with the three point line. Much like the Big 10 did with Replay this year in football. The three point line needs to be moved back especially in college, I mean hell you got big centers shooting threes. The three point line is the same in high school as it is in college.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 point line-Stupid question

    I know it was put into affect after 1982 because Jordan didn't have the 3 point line when he sunk the game winning shot against Georgetown

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 point line-Stupid question

    Well the ACC used it in all confernce games, however the NCAA didn't use it in tournament games for the first two or three years. I dont think the three point was in place in the NCAA Tournament untlil 84 or 85.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Seventy4's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: 3 point line-Stupid question

    I want to say it was 86 or 87 before it was put in high school. I remember playing Little League (for lack of a better term) basketball without one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •